- Yes you heard it correctly! Deer antlers along with many other types of antlers like moose, elk and caribou are making the best dog chews you can buy.
- Move over rawhide there's a new chew in town and it has people running to there phones to order some! Antler dog chews are all organic and come from a renewable source called shed antlers. The deer,elk and moose grow there antlers through out the spring and summer months and shed them in the late winter and then start to regrow them in the spring. How's that for an all natural organic dog chew?
- Not to mention they don't smell or stain your carpet. They last a long time and are full of minerals that are great for your dog and they will also clean your dogs teeth better than any other chew on the market!
- They also do not splinter like many other dog bones on the market. Dogs love the raw all natural smell and feel of antlers they are naturally attracted to them.
- The outer part of the antler is a type of enamel that when chewed on by a dog breaks down just right so that it lasts a long time and yet always maintains that wild attraction and taste that the dogs love so much.
- Inside the antlers underneath the enamel is a less dense substance very similar to bone marrow in fact its almost identical. The dogs try to get to it as quickly as possible. Its hard still but is porous and has thousands of little holes running through it created by the blood running through the antlers when in the growing stage also known as the velvet stage. The antlers are grown in the velvet stage and are a soft growing tissue during the summer months but in late summer early fall the deer,elk moose and caribou go through a hormonal change and the velvet stops growing and the antler turns to hard bone. They then scrape there velvet off on the tree's and bushes and whats left it solid antler! Try some today your dog will love you!
Sizes and shape vary as this a natural product-but your dog will love the chewing!
Antler size varies in circumference as well as length, we will select an antler appropriate for breed size given per your selection above.